N0Fear
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make them fear us

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TW discussion - 4/17/2010

Go down 
+4
arc
Arch__Angel
Ulwrath
fg109
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fg109

TW discussion - 4/17/2010 Empty
PostSubject: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:01 am

I want to discuss what happened and how we can do better. This was my first pvp TW experience and I have more questions than answers. These are some observations I made:

1. We were very disorganized (I think everyone agrees). It seems like squads kept on breaking up and people kept running out without buffs. There wasn't much planning or preparation before the battle.

2. They were very organized. Most of their attacks were coordinated and sychronized. They always had buffs on (except some of them towards the end).

3. We underestimated their numbers. After it was over I asked one of them and was told they had ~50 people. We had 48 people online, although I don't think everyone showed up to the TW.

4. Defending is a lot easier than attacking. We were unable to destroy their crystal. But even though we were so disorganized, they couldn't take our crystal either.

These are some questions I have:

1. How did we lose our towers so fast? They're supposed to have 5 million hp. I read on the wiki that they take 30 secs to build and during that time has only 250,000 hp and no defenses. Did we only start building them once they got there? Or did Enemy manage to get to our base in under 30 secs after the battle started?

2. What should my role be? I'm a venomancer and most of the time I stayed on defense. I sort of stayed on defense after they got our crystal to under 2 million hp. I noticed that none of their attacking teams had venomancers with them. The only times I saw Enemy venos were when I went to attack.

3. What should I be doing in combat? I think my two highest priority targets are the clerics and barbarians. I should be killing their clerics and then helping to kill their barbs. What I did while on defense, was I kept pressing tab until I got either a cleric or a barb, then attacked. Clerics I just nuked until they died. For the barbs, after ~45 minutes in I figured out I should use purge on Mechanism and Sam_son (their leader and director), and then amp. Instead of amp, should I be using soul degeneration? Does it stop their charm from ticking? On offense, I just attacked whoever was closest...

4. How do we build towers or catapaults? I tried talking to the battlefield advisor once and he didn't seem to have any options for me to build anything.

Anyway the only suggestion I have is that before the TW, squad leaders should be given clear instructions on what to do. Like squad leaders of 1-4 should be building towers while their squads defend them (even higher priority than crystal) for the first minute.

^Wall of text.
Back to top Go down
Ulwrath

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:37 am

On the PWI web site there is a prety good WIKI on Territory Wars. It may answer alot of your questions. In regards to the tower building, the highest lvls should build towers as there strength is based on what lv makes them.
Back to top Go down
Arch__Angel

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:40 am

I think the best thing to take away from that TW was the experience of doing one. It was the first time many people had worked together, and there is a melding time of getting used to how each member plays.

Some things I noticed though.

1) Squads need assignments. This is the weakest point for us. Either Defend, Attack Lane A, Guard Cat1, etc. The only time my initial squad was together was the first 2 min. My second squad did better at staying together, but knowing your squads task and sticking to it, would help significantly. You mentioned you were in base a lot defending, you shouldn't have had to notice that, you should have known that was were you were supposed to be or not. This is not your fault, it's just something we need to establish earlier.

2) They were organized. They would even lure people into fights just to have a sin pop invis and rape you. They had all their main barbs charmed, they didn't even need heals, it took 5-6 of our players to take them down.

3) We needed more people online. We had 48 online max, of 120. That's 40% and I know not once did we have all 48 on that battlefield. And we had Multiple people break off from squads to go rogue and accomplish nothing, and had many go afk as well. That's just poor support for your squad, and for your faction.

Honestly, we didn't lose the crystal. We managed to rally enough to defend, but we still have room for improvement. getting cracking on levels, and I'll see you guys next week for it again.
Back to top Go down
arc

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

We need invite more active member to our guild to get more ppl into the TW.

Our guild let of some killing character like archer and mage, when our barb attaching their player the cleric can heal them for a few minutes.

This can be a suggestion to get a communication tools to improve our teamwork in next TW.
Back to top Go down
QueenStab

QueenStab

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Dear Guildies:
I feel that we have the manpower to compete with most guilds there r in the server, but we need better organization.
I will post a general TW strategy that we use on a diferent server.
But I think that we should have a private part of the forum so TW related information is accesed only by us.
Once the private part is up I will post the TW guide.
Back to top Go down
funLoLx

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:12 pm

dont really worry abt strategy. just sign up for tw first. this weekend ill come up with a defending tw and attacking tw strategy
Back to top Go down
Petra_Silver

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:39 am

Maybe get Vent or one of those free voice servers. Will help greatly, and only officers should be allowed to speak on it giving us all instructions during TW. Or at the least squad chat rooms so every1 is co-ordinate and don't waste time typing.
Back to top Go down
Hiereus

Hiereus

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 am

Hey guys
I'm glad that we agree that organization was our problem. I agree with Arch that our squads need assignments. Each Squad should be lead by an officer, and that officer should be able to do a few things.
1. He/ she should be in communication with the other officers, probably best done in a chat window.
2. He/ she should have some familiarity with working with the other members of the squad.
3. He/she should be able to clearly define what the objective of the squad is and lead the squad in doing it.
4. Squad leaders need to be in communication and coordination with other squad leaders that have the same or a similar goal
Each squad needs to have a clearly defined meeting area where they will rebuff, etc. Otherwise we run around like headless chickens and we are easily picked off. The squad members are responsible to submit to the leadership of the officer in their group. If the officer feels that he/she is not providing leadership, or his/ her plans are getting foiled at every turn, perhaps leadership will be passed for the purposes of the objective, but that should be up to the officer and no one else.

Finally, I think we need to have a "reality check" point in the course of the event. In all honesty, while this past weekend's TW was a great learning experience, it was also a waste of three hours. What we learned in the first 60-90 minutes taught us all that we were going to learn. After that it was simply an exercise in futility and a gigantic charm depleter. If, perhaps, we had regrouped and organized, then maybe it would have been good. But I think all of us would have benefited from calling it quits and taking our frustration out on mobs...

-nuff said, be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TW discussion - 4/17/2010   TW discussion - 4/17/2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

TW discussion - 4/17/2010
Page 1 of 1